Hurricane Preparedness for Your Waterfront Property
Hurricane season is nearly upon us, and if you own waterfront property in Texas, you’ll want to be prepared for whatever the season may bring. While we all hope for a quiet hurricane season, we know that it’s best to be ready for anything.
Read on to find ideas to help you prepare your waterfront home hurricane season.
- Document & Secure Your Possessions
- Take pictures or video of your deck, seawall, and home exterior. Photos and video as well as lists can help when dealing with FEMA or insurance claims if a hurricane does strike.
Hurricane Preparedness for Window
- Invest in Hurricane screens. Lightweight, strong, and budget-friendly, hurricane screens can protect areas where shutters and other solutions may not be ideal, like large windows and open lanais.
Hurricane Preparedness for Doors and Garage Doors
- Impact Doors: Impact doors keep your home safe with special fiberglass or aluminum construction and reinforced jambs.
- Impact Garage Doors: If you have a garage, consider the addition of an impact garage door. Impact garage doors are made of special materials intended to handle the impacts of debris, heavy winds, and driving rain. They also feature reinforced hardware and rail systems, so the door will stay closed and strong through a storm, protecting your whole home.
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job.
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.