How You Benefit From Our “Restore vs. Replace” Mentality
When disaster strikes, we can get to your aid quickly, but that well-known reason is not the only reason why we need to be one of the first calls you make if the worst should occur.
Aided by the use of specialized equipment and cleaning techniques, when it comes to your property, our technicians have a “restore first” mentality. Using this type of mentality helps reduce the interruptions to your life and helps get your home or business back to pre-disaster condition.
After a fire has damaged your property, figuring out your next steps can be stressful, but that’s where we help. After we receive your call, our team will get right to work for you.
Every fire damage event is different and while our highly trained team will create a solution that is tailored especially to your needs, the general process will remains the same.
Here are the steps that are included in our process:
1. Emergency contact. When we receive your call, we will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage. This helps us make sure our team is dispatched with the appropriate equipment and resources.
2. Inspection and fire damage assessment. When our team arrives upon the scene, they will inspect and test adjoining rooms of the property to determine the extent of fire, smoke and soot damage. This helps us determine the right plan of action moving forward.
3. Immediate board-up and roof-tarp service. Since fire damage can compromise windows, walls and roofs, we make sure that your property is secured and protected from further damage by boarding up missing windows and walls and placing a tarp on damaged roofs.
4. Water removal and drying (if water damage is present). Since water damage is a byproduct of fire damage, we’ll begin the process of removing wet items right away. Dehumidifiers and air movers are brought in to remove the remaining water and finish up the drying process.
5. Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces. We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls and other surfaces.
6. Cleaning and sanitizing. Whenever possible, we will clean restorable items and structures. Not only will they be cleaned, but industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment are used to help remove odors.
7. Restoration. This is our final step for getting your property back to pre-fire condition. Restoration will include minor repairs like replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet. It may also call for more major repairs like reconstruction of damaged areas.
Remember, if you need us, we’ll be there—no matter the time or day. The team of highly trained restoration experts at SERVPRO® of East Brownsville & South Padre Island is available for emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.