Fall + SERVPRO = FALL SAFETY TIPS: Fire Edition
As the weather gets fresher and the leaves fall, we, as Texans, know that fall is here. With that being said, Texas being a very dry cold place in these times (especially in the lower RGV regions) its important to follow fire hazard safety to avoid a FIRE.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Texas experiences about 10,200 fires a year?
- Over a 5-year period house fires, in the US, cause over $6.2 billion in property damages??
THAT’S SCARY but to help prevent a few fires this year, here’s some tips you can follow when the weather starts dropping a bit more:
- Space heaters
- Space heaters are suggested highly with the reason that if tipped over they shut off on their own
- They shouldn’t be placed to close to any blankets or curtains
- Do also place space heater ON tile or ceramic flooring. assure that when turned on they are NOT on top of any carpets and/or rugs.
- Fire alarms
- We all know that fire alarms are the #1 MUST HAVES to help prevent fires
- Assure that there is one in each room of the house
- Test your devices yearly and replace batteries as needed.
In the unfortunate event you suffer from a fire, this type of damage can be especially upsetting and destructive for your family to process. You may feel stressed, confused, and vulnerable so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. We’ll treat you with respect, and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with care. We will work nonstop until we get your life back to normal.
Count on the professionals that work 24/7 to provide you back your home, after an unexpected fire, “Like it never even happened.”