Fire Damage Contaminated Walls/Ceilings in the Structure with Soot
A kitchen fire in Brownsville Texas caused by a microwave short circuit filled the house with smoke. The homeowners were at work and the fire completely melted the microwave oven. The upper kitchen cabinets also ignited and the finishes on the cabinets caused a dark soot to cover the home.
The soot covers all horizontal and verticle surfaces. As shown in the images, the ceilings are covered as well. The initial step is trying to remove the contaminants with a Dry Sponge. The following should be a wet clean process. On more affected structures such as this, a coat of paint will be necessary at the end.